Kalium-(E,E)-hexa-2,4-dienoat Produkt Beschreibung
- Englisch Name:Potassium sorbate
e202;FEMA 2921;trans-trans-So;Potassium Potassium sorbate;POTASSIUM SARBATE;SORBIC ACID K SALT;POLYPHYLLIN F (RG);potassiumsorbate(e);SORBIC ACID POTASSIUM
Kalium-(E,E)-hexa-2,4-dienoat physikalisch-chemischer Eigenschaften
- Schmelzpunkt: :270 °C
- Dichte :1,361 g/cm3
- Dampfdruck :<1 Pa (20 °C)
- FEMA :2921 | POTASSIUM SORBATE
- storage temp. :2-8°C
- L?slichkeit :H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless to faintly yellow
- Aggregatzustand :Powder
- Farbe :White to light cream
- PH :7.8 (H2O, 20.1℃)
- Wasserl?slichkeit :58.2 g/100 mL (20 ºC)
- Merck :14,7671
- BRN :5357554
- Stabilit?t: :Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- InChIKey :CHHHXKFHOYLYRE-STWYSWDKSA-M
- CAS Datenbank :24634-61-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA chemische Informationen :Potassium sorbate (24634-61-5)
Potassium sorbate Chemische Eigenschaften,Einsatz,Produktion Methoden
R36/37/38:Reizt die Augen, die Atmungsorgane und die Haut.
R35:Verursacht schwere Ver?tzungen.
R22:Gesundheitssch?dlich beim Verschlucken.
S26:Bei Berührung mit den Augen sofort gründlich mit Wasser abspülen und Arzt konsultieren.
S36:DE: Bei der Arbeit geeignete Schutzkleidung tragen.
S45:Bei Unfall oder Unwohlsein sofort Arzt zuziehen (wenn m?glich, dieses Etikett vorzeigen).
S36/37/39:Bei der Arbeit geeignete Schutzkleidung,Schutzhandschuhe und Schutzbrille/Gesichtsschutz tragen.
- Beschreibung Potassium sorbate is a white crystalline powder. It is a potassium salt of sorbic acid.It was originally discovered in the 1850’s, and was derived from the Mountain Ash Tree. Today, potassium sorbate is synthetically created. Potassium sorbate is a good food preservatives, fully degradable, similar to fatty acids found naturally in foods. It is used to slow the growth of molds and yeasts in foods. It is commonly found in margarine, wines, cheeses, yogurts, soft drinks, and baked goods. Potassium sorbate has been used has a food preservative for many years. There have been extensive long-term tests that have confirmed its safety and it is on the Center for Science in the Public Interest list of safe additives.
- Chemische Eigenschaften Potassium sorbate occurs as a white crystalline powder with a faint, characteristic odor.
- Chemische Eigenschaften Potassium sorbate is the potassium salt of sorbic acid, chemical formula C6H7KO2. Its primary use is as a food preservative (E number 202). Potassium sorbate is effective in a variety of applications including food, wine, and personal care products. Commercial sources are now produced by the condensation of crotonaldehyde and ketene (Ashford, 1994).
- Chemische Eigenschaften Potassium sorbate is produced by neutralizing potassium hydroxide with sorbic acid, an unsaturated carboxylic acid that occurs naturally in some berries. The colourless salt is very soluble in water (58.2% at 20°C).
Potassium sorbate is used to inhibit molds and yeasts in many foods, such as cheese, wine, yogurt, dried meats, apple cider, soft drinks and fruit drinks, and baked goods. It can also be found in the ingredients list of many dried fruit products. In addition, herbal dietary supplement products generally contain potassium sorbate, which acts to prevent mold and microbes and to increase shelf life, and is used in quantities at which there are no known adverse health effects, over short periods of time.Labeling of this preservative on ingredient statements reads as "potassium sorbate" and or "E202". Also, it is used in many personal care products to inhibit the development of microorganisms for shelf stability. Some manufacturers are using this preservative as a replacement for parabens.
Also known as "wine stabilizer", potassium sorbate produces sorbic acid when added to wine. It serves two purposes. When active fermentation has ceased and the wine is racked for the final time after clearing, potassium sorbate will render any surviving yeast incapable of multiplying. Yeast living at that moment can continue fermenting any residual sugar into CO2 and alcohol, but when they die no new yeast will be present to cause future fermentation.
- Verwenden Sorbic acid is a naturally occurring polyunsaturated fat that has antimicrobial properties. That means that it helps to prevent the growth of molds, yeasts, and fungus. Potassium sorbate is found in many food products, especially those which are meant to be stored and eaten at room temperature. This helps to ward off particles such as mold or fungus that can cause foods to spoil or make people sick. Baked goods, processed fruits and vegetables or dairy products frequently contain this product. When brewing wine, yeast is used to convert sugar to alcohol. This process is called fermentation. When the wine reaches the desired flavour and body, you want to stop the yeast from growing. Potassium sorbate is added to inhibit yeast growth.
- Verwenden As mold and yeast inhibitor, like sorbic acid, especially where greater soly in water is desirable.
Sorbic acid and its potassium salt is commonly employed as food preservative in wide range of foodstuffs, such as cheese, pickles, sauces and wines.
Potassium sorbate is a food grade preservative generally regarded as safe (GRAS) worldwide. It is the inactive salt of sorbic acid. It readily dissolves in water where it converts to sorbic acid, its active form, at a low pH. Sorbic acid is very pH dependent. While it shows some activity up to pH 6 (about 6%), it is most active at pH 4.4 (70%). At pH 5.0 it is 37% active. As sorbic acid, it is considered to be active against mold, fair against yeast and poor against most bacteria. Sorbic acid is an unsaturated fatty acid and as such is subject to oxidation (use of an antioxidant like Mixed Tocopherols T50 is recommended). It is also sensitive to UV light and may turn yellow in solution. Gluconolactone is reported to stabilize potassium sorbate against discoloration and darkening in aqueous solutions and may be useful in stabilizing sorbic acid in the water phase of a product.
- Definition ChEBI: A potassium salt having sorbate as the counterion.
Potassium sorbate is produced by reacting sorbic acid with an equimolar portion of potassium hydroxide. The resulting potassium sorbate may be crystallized from aqueous ethanol.
Most of the sorbic acid is generally prepared by a process comprising the steps of reacting crotonaldehyde with ketene in the presence of a catalyst (e.g., a fatty acid salt of zinc) to yield a polyester, and hydrolyzing the polyester with an acid or an alkali, or decomposing the polyester in a hot water.
- Vorbereitung Methode Potassium sorbate is prepared from sorbic acid and potassium hydroxide.
Potassium sorbate is an antimicrobial preservative, with antibacterial
and antifungal properties used in pharmaceuticals, foods, enteral
preparations, and cosmetics. Generally, it is used at concentrations
of 0.1–0.2% in oral and topical formulations, especially those
containing nonionic surfactants. Potassium sorbate has been used to
enhance the ocular bioavailability of timolol.
Potassium sorbate is used in approximately twice as many pharmaceutical formulations as is sorbic acid owing to its greater solubility and stability in water. Like sorbic acid, potassium sorbate has minimal antibacterial properties in formulations above pH 6.
Potassium sorbate is a skin, eye and respiratory irritant. Although some research implies it has a long term safety record, in vitro studies have shown that it is both genotoxic and mutagenic to human blood cells. Potassium sorbate is found to be toxic to human DNA in peripheral blood lymphocytes (type of white blood cells), and hence found that it negatively affects immunity. It is often used with ascorbic acid and iron salts as they increase its effectiveness but this tends to form mutagenic compounds that damage DNA molecules.
Potassium sorbate exhibits low toxicity with LD50 (rat, oral) of 4.92 g / kg, similar to that of table salt . Typical usage rates of potassium sorbate are 0.025 % to 0.1 % (see sorbic acid), which in a 100 g serving yields intake of 25 mg to 100 mg. Acceptable daily intakes for human is 12.5 mg / kg, or 875 mg daily for an average adult (70 kg), according to FAO/World Health Organization Expert Committee on Food Additives.
Potassium sorbate is used as an antimicrobial preservative in oral
and topical pharmaceutical formulations and is generally regarded
as a relatively nontoxic material. However, some adverse reactions
to potassium sorbate have been reported, including irritant skin
reactions which may be of the allergic, hypersensitive type. There
have been no reports of adverse systemic reactions following oral
consumption of potassium sorbate.
The WHO has set an estimated total acceptable daily intake for sorbic acid, calcium sorbate, potassium sorbate, and sodium sorbate expressed as sorbic acid at up to 25 mg/kg body-weight.
(mouse, IP): 1.3 g/kg
(rat, oral): 4.92 g/kg
See also Sorbic Acid.
Potassium sorbate is more stable in aqueous solution than sorbic
acid; aqueous solutions may be sterilized by autoclaving.
The bulk material should be stored in a well-closed container, protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 40°C.
- Inkompatibilit?ten Some loss of antimicrobial activity occurs in the presence of nonionic surfactants and some plastics.
- Regulatory Status GRAS listed. Accepted for use as a food additive in Europe. Included in the FDA Inactive Ingredients Database (nasal sprays; oral capsules, solutions, suspensions, syrups, tablets; topical creams and lotions). Included in nonparenteral medicines licensed in the UK. Included in the Canadian List of Acceptable Non-medicinal Ingredients.
Potassium sorbate Upstream-Materialien And Downstream Produkte
- Edge Rate：58
- Firmenname：J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Telefon：400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Edge Rate：76
- Firmenname：Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Telefon：+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Fax：+86-(0)21-61259102(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170066(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-88580358(Beijing)
- Edge Rate：62
- Firmenname：3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Telefon：86-21-50328103 * 801、802、803、804 Mobile:18930552037
- Edge Rate：69
- Firmenname：Alfa Aesar
- Edge Rate：84
- Firmenname：TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Telefon：+86 351 7031519
- Fax：+86 351 7031519
- Edge Rate：56
- Firmenname：TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Telefon：021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Edge Rate：81
- Firmenname：Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Fax：86 (10) 60270825
- Edge Rate：62
- Firmenname：Energy Chemical
- Telefon：021-58432009 / 400-005-6266
- Edge Rate：61
- Firmenname：Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Telefon：13552068683 010-82967028-
- Edge Rate：60
24634-61-5, Potassium sorbate Verwandte Suche:
- (E,E)-hexadienoic acid, potassium salt
- 2,4-potassium hexadienoic acid
- potassium (E,E)-hexa-2,4-dienoate
- POTASSIUM SORBATE, GRAN FCC/ USP/NF
- SORBIC ACID POTASSIUM
- SORBIC ACID POTASSIUM SIGMAULTRA
- TRANS,TRANS-2,4-HEXADIENOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SALT, 99+%
- Potassium Sorbate FCC, Granular
- SORBIC ACID K SALT
- 2,4-Hexadienoic acid, potassium salt, (2E,4E)-
- trans,trans-2,4-hexadienic acid k salt
- Kalium-(E,E)-hexa 2,4-dienoat
- (E,E)-2,4-hexadienoic acid, potassium salt
- potassium salt, (e,e)-sorbic acid
- 2,4-Hexadienoic acid potassium salt
- Potassium sorbate
- POTASSIUM 2,4-HEXADIENOATE
- TRANS,TRANS-2,4-HEXADIENOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SALT
- TRANS,TRANS-2,4-HEXADIENOIC ACID K SALT
- TRANS,TRANS-SORBIC ACID POTASSIUM SALT
- Potassium sorbate, >99.0%(T)
- Potassium sorbate, AR
- FEMA 2921
- (E,E) POTASSIUM 2,4-HEXADIENOATE
- Potassium 2,4-hexadienoate, Sorbic acid potassium salt
- Potassium 2,4-hexadienoate, Potassium sorbate, Sorbic acid potassium salt
- Potassium 2,4-hexadienate
- potassium 2，4-hexadienoic acid salt
- (2E,4E)-2,4-Hexadienoic acid potassium
- (2E,4E)-2,4-Hexadienoic acid potassium salt
- POLYPHYLLIN F (RG)
- Potassium sorbate, extra pure, Ph Eur, BP, NF, FCC, E202
- Potassium Sorbate (1 g) (AS)
- PotassiuM Sorbate (AS)
- PotassiuM Sorbate [for BiocheMical Research]
- EMPROVE(R) PotassiuM Sorbate, Granules, BP, FCC, NF, Ph Eur
- PotassiuM sorbate, 99% 100GR
- trans,trans-2,4-Hexadienoic acid potassiuM salt ReagentPlus(R), 99%
- Potassium Sorbate (1 g)
- Potassium sorbate purum p.a., >=99.0% (NT)
- Potassium sorbate Vetec(TM) reagent grade, 98%
- POTASSIUM SORBATE GRANULES
- SORBIC ACID POTASSIUM SALT
- POTASSIUM SARBATE
- Potassium sorbate 24634-61-5
- 24634-61-5 Potassium sorbate